Monday, January 25, 2010

OKAY, SO MAYBE THIS WILL DO ...

Okay. Last night I was whining about being cheated out of a blizzard. This morning is a whole different story. We could hear the wind blowing all through the night, but the yard and the driveway wasn't filling up with snow so I wasn't too concerned about getting to work this morning. The problem is never the roads anyway, the problem is always just getting out of the yard where the trees have held the snow and let the banks build up.

But not this morning. This morning I had no problem pulling out onto the road. In fact, that's where my problem began. The road disappeared! I know what zero visibility is. I've been out in it before, and as of this morning I have even driven a mile in it. I probably shouldn't have even gone that far but I thought that once I turned west toward the highway I might be able to see better. I was wrong about that. Once I got to the corner a mile south of here I knew I was going to be lucky to get turned around and head for home. Meanwhile my part time girl who lives in town called me to say she would go and that I should stay home. She had just got a call from her boyfriend that he had hit the ditch on his way to work. I managed to get back home and will wait until it's full light before I try it again. The chances of the mail truck coming out from Weyburn today are very slim so it's not like there will be anything to do.

So, here I am, at home, and checking what the weather guys are saying today. This is the funniest part of all - some time during the middle of the night they called off the blizzard warning! Apparently it's all over now. Could have fooled me.

No comments: